Delaware Hospice’s reach extends beyond the patient’s medical care by also providing emotional and spiritual guidance and support to both patient and families.
Delaware Hospice partners with doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals, providing the best possible care for patients and their families.
Generally, if your patient has a life-limiting illness and experiences any of these conditions, it may be an indication that a hospice referral is appropriate:
- Pain that is more difficult to control
- Significant weight loss or decreased appetite
- Increased assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Frequent hospitalizations
- Increased incidence of infections
- Decline in mental status
- Weakness or chronic fatigue