Camp New Hope 2023 Dates:Camp New Hope North – Tuesday, June 20, 2023 through Friday, June 23, 2023, at Lums Pond State Park
Camp New Hope South – Tuesday, July 11, 2023 through Friday, July 14, 2023, at Killens Pond State Park
Follow this LINK to Register!
Camp New Hope is a four-day summer day camp for children and teens ages 6-17 who are coping with the loss of a loved one.Besides offering traditional camp activities such as crafts, water games, and sports, Camp New Hope gives children the chance to work through their grief and loss with their peers. Thanks to generous supporters, we are able to offer Camp New Hope free of charge, including lunch and snacks.
- Through a variety of fun camp activities and bereavement exercises, campers have opportunities to interact with other children who have experienced loss.
- Group projects, individual support, education, and free time allow children to process emotions and ask questions.
- A special memorial service at the end of camp celebrates and honors the life of each child’s loved one.
- Camp New Hope’s directors are nationally recognized Moyer Foundation Grief Camp Counselors and are highly sought-after advisors to their colleagues.
“The most powerful impact of camp may be however the opportunity to meet other children and adolescents who have had similar experiences which normalizes the bereaved campers’ situations.”
What kids are saying
- 92% of campers were glad that they went to Camp New Hope.
- 72% of campers felt that they were able to learn how to handle their feelings and their grief at Camp New Hope.
- As a result of Camp New Hope, three times as many campers felt like there were other people who understood how they felt.